Mineral Springs Brewing Co Mineral Point WI
Embossing on this brown blob top beer bottle reads, “MINERAL SPRINGS BRWG CO MINERAL POINT WIS.” In 1903, Otto Lieder and his brother-in-law, Frank Unterholzner bought a fire-damaged local brewery. They rebuilt it as the “Mineral Spring Brewing Company.” It was named for the spring that was used to make the beer. The spring still flows through the building! The beer was so good larger brewing companies bought to sell as their own. From 1940 until 1957 Mary Lieder (Otto’s wife) was president. The Mineral Spring Brewery closed in 1961.